Monday, September 29, 2014

Indore travels

The journey to Indore actually did start from Daman. A good 4 hour drive from the union territory and the relative comfort of the Deltin hotel saw me in Mumbai. A brief stopover at home for a fresh set of clothes and a cup of tea saw me back on the road to Indore. Cutting it just in time to catch the Avantika express to Indore, an overnight journey.
The plush surroundings of the luxurious two tier ac compartment was hardly taken in when a jolt to reality had me chasing the coach attendants. There is no pantry in the train! I had to organise dinner having not eaten since 8 in the morning. (Eves dropping on conversations do help in a way). Getting to know dinner is available only at Surat which is a good 5 hours into the journey and in the middle of the night makes your stomach shout for satisfaction louder.
Throughout my travels in India I have met spoken and interacted with people, people who do a particular route for the longest and most time possible that they have a solution for every problem that bares it's ugly face very now and then. Earlier journeys I was helped by people who gave me numbers to eateries that deliver to travellers at the station and the best person for such a matter is none other than the attendant. In this case he proved more helpful to another passenger. 
Like I said there is a solution for every problem, this time mine came in the form of the World Wide Web. I discovered that there is a web site catering to food on the go. It's called travelkhama.com and has a decent suggestion for hotels within the vicinity. 
It's cash on delivery and yeh definitely an upgrade from the pantry food got in trains. A good dinner later it's snooze time and yup the cacophony of snores is hard to ignore... Very soon I too have joined in the symphony of snores and awakening all the light sleepers around. The day dawns and the train inches into the platform with people queuing up at the door.( I still don't get these people who do that as it's not a competition and the train isn't going anywhere soon for you to be the first one out the door.... There are also people who get out first and then are clueless as to what the next step is and block the exit for all other passengers!) getting into the city from the station is just a pain as with every other station, you have to push your way through a sea of auto drivers. 
Once that process is over you step foot in Indore. Indore was ruled by the holkar dynasty who have left behind some fine buildings with a slew of cafés thanks to the city's ever-burgeoning coffee culture, but Indore Madhya Pradesh's. Business powerhouse is primarily used as a gateway for tourists getting to omkaleshwar, maheshwar or mandu.

1 comment:

Sridhar Chandrasekaran said...

You have an interesting blog and you can make it even better by improving the quality and also making money out of your blog. I am blogger too, residing in Coimbatore. I have been blogging since 2008. And, for six years, I have been learning several best practices that helped me to write quality blog posts that are both informative and SEO friendly. You can test it yourself. Just type, “Empathy statements” in Google search and you will find my blog appearing in the first page. Now, my blog (visit my profile to go my blog) appears in Google search engine. Everyday, hundreds of people read my blog to enhance their knowledge and I also make money out of my blog. As I reside in Saravanampati, Coimbatore, I’d like to share these best practices with Coimbatore bloggers. Just let me know if you are interested I would be glad to you help to enhance your blogging skills. Wish you all the best.