Friday, September 12, 2008

Silhouettes on the roof…

Every evening as I walk upon my terrace I get a distinct feeling that I am being watched. Really wish it were the ones out there… but nah!

Every dwelling in Bangalore basically resembles a square or a rectangle and rarely do you actually come upon a weird shaped dwelling. This in-turn allows for one to actually have a pretty decent terrace one that allows for you to take a stroll, dry your laundry or just host that random get together with your buddies. Well sound fascinating doesn’t it the last part especially, who wouldn’t give an arm and leg to actually spend time or rather let ones hair down after a really tensed, or boring, or lackadaisical day.

Hmmm well that’s not really what I am trying to get to here…

The other day I was standing on my balcony, since its elevated it overlooks quite a lots of neighboring flats, each ones roof just a hops away from my balcony. All of a sudden a shadow creeps by one such window and I was like, hey what was that? With your blood urging for that little bit of mystery mixed with fear I watch closely and the shadow moves again. This happen another time and as curiosity got the better of me I watch with sincere concentration…

Any guess’ on what I saw? Well it was a guy on a mobile phone walking up and down his balcony. I go to my roof top and one by one I get to see that every rooftop is dotted by folks on their cell phone… talking to their parents, lovers, friends, business associates, call centers(for help), restaurants, wife, etc.

Each roof had a silhouetted human form doing a similar motion to the guy/girl on the next roof. Each silhouette moving in a very non hurried manner with a carefree bliss catching up on things just before the day winds up… silhouetted in the dusk.

No comments: